Monday, December 24, 2007

It just wouldn't be Christmas ...

....without an ‘all-nighter!’ I really wasn’t kidding about the last post, and since shopping and wrapping and baking weren’t on that list I had to make some trade offs the past few days. Turns out I traded in a few swim sessions and whole lot of sleep to get ready for the holidays. But as I wandered around Target in a daze yesterday after spending an hour and a half on the treadmill at the gym, the one thing I knew for sure was that I was in good company. Why else would that young woman be buying a nose hair trimmer for her husband? And why would her husband be thinking that the “Ab Away 2” would make the perfect gift for their first Christmas together? I was definitely not alone, but just because I was among friends doesn’t make it right! You should see what I ended up with for a “tree!”

I actually think decorating my bike may have been a better call, and this was a tough decision given it’s the first time ever I haven’t had a real, full size Christmas tree in my house. I’ve certainly thought about it before, when you consider all the time saved putting it up and then packing it up, not to mention having to spend the better part of New Year’s day vacuuming up pine needles! But it just didn’t seem right, well, I guess it still doesn’t but given my schedule and the fact that I’m not doing any real entertaining this year I’m happy to have all those hours back for something more important, like sleeping and swimming and … well, you get the picture. And when I post up a picture of my tree this year please be kind, since I already know it’s pathetic, but it’s the best Target had to offer on December 23rd in the “pre-lit, $7 price range!”

So I’m thinking pretty soon I may actually get around to writing about my training, perhaps I'll make that my New Year's resolution. Yes, that's it! Since I've already got the typical things like 'join a gym,' 'workout more,' and 'lose weight' pretty much covered 'I resolve to blog more!' But for now I’ll spare you the details of my sweaty 3 hour spins and never ending swim sessions and leave you to enjoy your holidays with your friends and family. Safe travels and happy holidays to all!!

No comments: