Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Everybody Needs a Hobby

Mine happens to be Bruce Springsteen. Magic, indeed.

If you thought I was gonna say cycling, or running and I hope you know me better by now than to think I’d say swimming, … Well, no, sorry…sorry Triathlete Magazine, sorry Cadence, sorry Ironman, sorry sponsors and fellow finalists – if forced to choose, hands down, every time it’s gotta be Bruce.

He might be getting a little older, but the man can still rock. He can command an arena with the twitch of a finger or by raising an eyebrow. He’s got an amazing songbook and the greatest band and the greatest fans and he never disappoints.

Last week was 3 shows in 5 days (and yes, it may have caused some missed training sessions) – but Bruce and the E Street Band with great friends, both old and new, just doesn't get any better. And a big thank you too to my Toronto Bruce ‘mentors and guardians’ who’ve given me the best luck and kept me in the loop and brought me not only up to speed but also to the front of the stage despite my failure to remain iin the know about all things related to the man from NJ.

My status as a card carrying “Tramp” was in serious jeopardy prior to last week, as my commitment wavered these past few months and I was distracted by all of this training – having attended only 2 shows on the fall leg and giving up tickets to ‘neighborhood’ shows in Albany and Cleveland – I was in desperate need of a large dose of the Boss. Entirely shameful in hindsight, but with the buzz of the contest I think I confused my priorities.

Last week I remedied that several times over, I’ve been to the river and have seen the light, and am now re-energized and revitalized! As for all the training that lies ahead? Well, bring it on! ‘Cause I’m ready to Rock and Roll!!
See the rest of my Rochester & Buffalo pictures here.

(p.s. I promise my next entry will bring this blog back to it’s intended purpose and will actually discuss my training. I’ll be reporting on my participation in the Virginia Beach Shamrock Run ½ Marathon this coming weekend).

No comments: