Sunday, March 9, 2008

Spring Ahead

This weekend brought some sure signs of Spring to Buffalo - a good foot and half of new snow for starters! Really, this is a good thing, it's winter's last hurrah and now it's done. And not only did we lose an hour but the Tastee Freeze and the Drive In Theatre are opening this week too - yes, spring is right around the corner!

(Took this picture today (Sunday 03/09/08) as I went to snow-blow and shovel for the 4th time in 12 hours. At least Gulliver had fun!)

And since I've made complaining about the weather my full time job as of late you'll be happy to know that I will now place a self imposed moratorium on weather related blog entries!

4 comments:

Scott Sharpe said...

We got hit just as hard, After the snowplow went through, I had a pile 3.5' high and 4' wide at the end of my driveway! I friggin' hate winter!

Becky said...

You know, I'm not sure what you're talking about. All the signs of spring are here...

It's lighter later...though the extra light could be the reflections from all the snow.

I hear birds chirping...but that could be just the sound of my neighbor chipping away at the ice block that is his car.

It is TECHNICALLY spring break at the university, too bad I'm not in Mexico.

Or maybe it's the sunburn I've got...oops, I meant windburn...

Ugh, I hear ya ML, this is a LONG winter and I sincerely hope you're right that this was winter's last hurrah...please please...

Becky said...

and P.S - thank god for our much needed getaway to VA Beach! Couldn't come at a better time! Giddyup!

Anonymous said...

And hey! There's Gully :) What a cutie ... Hope all of that snow is melted by now and that you are ARE actually seeing some signs of spring there ... come to Nebraska ... it's been nice here for a couple of days!