Thursday, July 31, 2008

Post Race

"There’s a couple points in the race where I was in tears, you get past your limits, it’s like you’re pushing beyond anything you imagined before, it’s like sometimes they say ‘the mind is stronger than the body’ and that’s a danger, because you can push your body too far.”

Alan Peiper, Team Columbia, Tour de France


Still so much to say - mostly thank yous but also the medical tent, the contest, lessons learned and my future triathlon aspirations.


I thought I'd give you a bit of a break - but be warned, it's coming!

2 comments:

James said...

Sensational race report and well worth the wait.

Look forward to the next post and especially your warts and all Ironman Uncut expose.

James

Mary Lou said...

Hey James- Thanks - and god help you for reading all of this! I sent off a note to Wendy earlier .. i'm guessing you probably have a few observations of your own too I'd like to hear!

I have a few things I need to email to you also - talk to you soon, hope you're recovering well - just in time for your IM UK taper!! :-)
more later
ml